“Welcome to Our New Brunswick” Contest
Students of Hospitality and Tourism, we want to hear from you!
New Brunswick is a province of natural beauty, unique attractions, spectacular adventures, and tantalizing delicacies. Tourists from around the world are attracted to all parts of our province to experience the wonders of NB.
Many times, if not most often, the first people to welcome these guests are members of the Hospitality and Tourism industry that employs approximately 30,000 people! They frequently create both the first and lasting impressions for our visitors. Being the primary promoters of our province, we would like to learn more about them, their venues, and the work they do.
You can help by participating in TIANB’s “Welcome to Our New Brunswick” contest sponsored by the Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick (TIANB), in partnership with Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD). We want to learn from you. In a project of your choice, introduce us to a member of the tourism industry who is leaving a positive lasting impression on our visitors. We look forward to and value your perspective.
Yes, there are prizes!
- This contest is open to all Hospitality and Tourism students in New Brunswick.
- Dialogue can be in a language of the student’s choice.
- Entries must be an original production and follow Canadian copyright laws.
- All entrants below the age of majority must have parental consent to submit their personal information.
- Students can make individual or collaborative submissions.
- All valid entries will be evaluated by a committee. Its decisions are final.
- Registration deadline: October 1, 2021
- Entry deadline: January 17, 2022
Regardless of the medium you choose, remember to keep your objective and audience in mind. Imagination and creativity are encouraged. If you use music, it must be copyright free or you must have permission to use it and produce proof of permission. Here are some suggested mediums.
Video: Documentary; Stop-motion; Animation; Lego; Tik Tok
Virtual: Recording of TEAMS or Zoom video conference (Permission required!)
Narrative: Graphic Novel; Children’s Book; Blog; Magazine Article; Short Story
Presentation: Instagram; PowerPoint; Website; Podcast
Fine Arts: Painting; Sculpture; Song; Graphic Art
Other Creative Ideas: Your project does not need to be limited to one of these examples. They are meant to be suggestions, not limitations. Feel free to be as creative as possible!