Training and Professional Development for better Attraction, Retention and Productivity
Training employees is an essential activity for all organizations. Training provides employees with the key knowledge and skills that they need to perform their job.
Benefits of training:
- As the business world is continuously changing, organizations need to provide their employees with training throughout their careers. If they choose not to provide continuous training they will find it difficult to stay ahead of the competition.
- Another benefit of training is that it will keep your employees motivated. New skills and knowledge can help to reduce boredom. It also demonstrates to the employee that they are valuable enough for the employer to invest in them and their development.
- Training can be used to create positive attitudes through clarifying the behaviors and attitudes that are expected by the employee.
- Training can be cost effective, as it is cheaper to train existing employees compared to recruiting a new employee with the skills you need.
- Training can save the organization money if the training helps the employee to become more efficient.
TIANB provides a wide range of products and services designed to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and enhance tourism experiences.
Furthermore, we are constantly reviewing our training services to meet the real needs of the industry.
For Information on Training Services and Products:
Training Services and Products
Developing World Hosts to Greet Customers
Our flagship one day customer service course WorldHost has gone from an annual 240 seats in 2006 to 756 seats in 2009. A 315% increase in four years. In fact Superhost has been delivered in both languages throughout the province to 1733 New Brunswickers. We are proud to recognize entire communities such as the Miramichi are SuperHost certified.
In 2010 the delivery of the program has gone through extensive change. We went to you to ask you what you thought and have incorporated the much needed enhancements and updates to the program.
In particular, we added new communication techniques, new concepts for dealing with a variety of customers anew level to professionalism.
The result is sparkling and fun. We have designed a few optional short programs that may be used as 'added features' for no additional cost. These modules are in response to the Industry's needs and are in keeping with relevant customer service training in an ever-changing, diverse environment.
We included Food Safe and Responsible Beverage to our canon of programs in the last 2 years with significant popularity. With risk management top of mind for so many operators these two programs are the way to go. Reducing Insurance premiums is not the only stimulation for the growth.
Good business practices and staff retention play a major role in choosing these programs. Both programs have become highly sought after from bars, restaurants, cafe's, casino floors and hotels, golf courses and various festivals and attractions.
The Pinnacle Credential for Tourism Professional
We know that employee retention can be arduous, we also know that recognizing staff can be a sure fire way of keeping them. emerit certification has been deemed nationally, a qualified tool for ensuring best practices and instilling pride among employees in your winning team.
This Self-learned certification is flexible and specifically designed to suit your needs as the employer. Many properties and operations in New Brunswick and throughout the country as well as the US have engaged in emerit training as a professional development opportunity for their staff.
393 persons from NB are registered including 20 over the past year who have successfully completed their emerit certification in many tourism operations like yours.